In its history, Botox keeps producing benefits that doctors and scientists did not anticipate. In high doses, it is a deadly toxin and at one point was considered to be useful in chemical warfare. It then was discovered to successfully solve some eye conditions.
From use for those conditions, it was discovered that it produced fantastic effects in eliminating wrinkles and has become the most popular facial rejuvenation solution around the world.
Sculpt Spa has become the premier expert location for Botox treatments in Las Vegas. Sculpt Spa offers it along with a menu of Restylane facial injections. The Restylane family are different formulas of a clear gel of hyaluronic acid that are specifically created to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid. They help to visibly correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
Botox, meanwhile, is a purified neurotoxin which erases lines and creases by weakening wrinkle-producing facial muscles. It is artfully injected into specific points around your face by your Sculpt Spa expert. We know exactly how to apply the injection to help get you to your facial rejuvenation goals.
Now, however, scientists are finding yet another valuable benefit to Botox. It is showing evidence that it physiologically affects your anxiety and alleviates it.
How Botox can Treat Anxiety: The Studies
Anxiety disorders are the most common class of psychiatric disorders, according to the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. 32 percent of the U.S. population are negatively affected by anxiety at some point in their lives. Many treatments are ineffective for nearly one-third of them.
It’s no surprise that scientists are very interested in finding more effective ways to treat the condition. Botox may be a significant one:
· Scientists at Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of California San Diego, along with two physicians from Germany, made an interesting discovery when working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)’s Adverse Effect Reporting System (FAERS) database. That database collected information in which nearly 40,000 people reported what happened to them after Botox treatments. Their study, published in the journal Scientific Reports, found that people receiving Botox injections in four different areas on their bodies, not just in the face — reported anxiety significantly less often than patients undergoing different treatments for the same conditions. They found that the reported anxiety risk was 22 to 72 percent lower in Botox-treated patients.
· A recent study in Nature magazine reported additional optimistic results. Based on the theory that relaxing the facial muscles used to express negative emotions reduces the intensity of depression and anxiety, the researchers decided to explore the connection between Botox injections and anxiety.
· The study found lower incidents of anxiety and the researchers stated, “The anti-anxiety effect represents an advantage over the alternative treatment options…Though there are effective pharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatments for these disorders, there is a need for further therapeutic options and Botox may be one of them.”
· The makers of Botox have been studying and testing Botox as treatment for anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. Those studies have not been completed, but the results have been promising with 50 to 60 percent of patients benefiting from their participation in the study so far.
Sculpt Spa is proud to serve its clients holistically, looking out for your total well-being. Your health and wellness are vital parts of your body and facial contouring strategy. Our vitamin and NAD+ injections are also designed to help alleviate stress and reduce your anxiety.
Bonus! 6 Other Ways to Reduce Your Anxiety
Here are some other natural remedies you can use along with your Botox treatments that scientists are finding effective in reducing your anxiety.
1. Stay active
A 2013 study found that exercise helped patients with anxiety disorders. Exercise changes brain chemistry, as well as enhances concentration and will power. Those factors directly offset anxiety symptoms.
2. Avoid alcohol
Ironically many who feel anxiety reach for alcohol which takes the edge off in the short term due to its sedative properties. Studies have shown that there is a link between anxiety and alcohol consumption. Drinking interferes with your neurotransmitter balance, and that imbalance leads to symptoms of anxiety.
3. Quit smoking cigarettes
While it too is a substance people reach for in times of anxiety, studies have shown that cigarettes make susceptibility to anxiety worse over time. The longer you smoke, the more it makes you prone to anxiety. The nicotine and other chemicals ingested alter pathways to the brain that would otherwise give you coping mechanisms for anxiety.
4. Cut back on coffee
It is not news that coffee increases alertness. The effect is caused by blocking the chemical adenosine and triggering adrenalin. If this is done in excess, studies show that this will damage your brain’s anxiety coping process.
5. Take an infrared sauna Las Vegas with Chromotherapy
Our infrared sauna treatment has been demonstrated to be calming and increase blood flow. Add in the therapeutic properties of chromotherapy, and you will experience its anxiety relieving properties. Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony.
Sculpt Spa Las Vegas is on a mission to help you establish your total body wellness. Whether it is toning your body with CoolSculpting Elite, vitamin injections or facial contouring, we seek to help you realize the goal of being the best you possible.
Freedom from anxiety factors into this mission. As you luxuriate in our infrared sauna, or get anti-anxiety effects from your Botox treatments, we are pleased that all our services are targeted to enhance your ongoing happiness.
Sculpt Spa Offers the Best Botox Shots in Las Vegas
Whether you are made happy by the results or Botox’s medical properties, come experience peace of mind with us!
We’re your destination for facial fillers in Las Vegas. Sculpt Spa offers its services in a serene, nonjudgmental spa setting. Talk to a Sculpt Spa pro today about our Botox injections and more!