Radio frequency microneedling is a cutting-edge method for enhancing skin elasticity. It improves the appearance of your skin by renewing it and significantly reducing breakouts, clogged pores, blemishes, sagging skin, slumping, and dryness. Radio frequency (RF) microneedling equipment utilizes specifically shielded devices to send high-intensity radio frequencies into the cellular environment after the needles break through the epidermis.
This produces a homogeneous temperature increase in the deep tissue, which stimulates the growth of new fibrous tissue, resulting in considerable improvements in skin quality and structure.
The worldwide microneedling market was worth a total of $472.34 million in 2020, according to Grand View Research, and is predicted to increase at a compound annual pace of growth of 7.9% from 2021 to 2028.
What is Radio Frequency Microneedling?
Radio frequency microneedling is a noninvasive facial therapy intended to minimize the appearance of fine lines, scars, and loose skin. Although conventional micro-needling has been employed for over 25 years, this breakthrough method uses RF energy to assist in the regeneration technique.
While a series of microneedle injections sounds invasive, when compared to dermabrasion and chemical peels, it really isn’t. Microneedling is also known as skin needling or collagen induction therapy.
How Does Radio Frequency Microneedling Work?
RF microneedling employs ultrafine needles in conjunction with LED lamps generating radio frequency vibrations to generate excess heat. The procedure entails agitating the epidermis and activating its healing mechanism while increasing the body’s normal collagen production.
The technique usually entails using a device with fine electrified needles to penetrate the skin’s outermost layer to a maximum of three millimeters deep. Then, high-intensity RF radiation is applied in a fractionated sequence using micro-needles to stimulate collagen and elastin growth.
A solution containing specialized vitamins that aid in the faster formation of new elastic and collagen fibers can be provided. This leads to a collagen-rich, softer, healthier, and more uniformly toned complexion. PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is frequently used in RF micro-needling. IT uses a patient’s blood cells to speed up healing in a specific location.
RF Microneedling: What Are the Advantages of RF Radiation?
In experiments, fractionated RF radiation was proven to reduce wrinkles and restore elastin and adipose tissue. This non-surgical therapy rejuvenates inner skin layers with a network of small needles with minimal patient discomfort. RF radiation warms the innermost skin layers in a controlled environment to cause the skin to produce elastin, collagen, and capillaries. This treatment improves the appearance and structure of the skin, giving it a more radiant and youthful aspect.
What are the Most Prevalent RF Treatments?
There are various types of RF skin rejuvenation procedures developed to address particular skin issues:
This RF therapy is particularly successful for treating skin laxity but also is frequently administered after a FaceTite procedure. Morpheus8 is a segmented radiofrequency procedure that employs micro syringe points made of gold-plated steel.
Other treatments include:
- FaceTite: It is nonintrusive, focusing radio waves alternatively from underneath and on the top layer of skin. RFAL (Radio Frequency Assisted Lipolysis) destroys excess fat whilst still increasing collagen formation, resulting in smoother skin right away.
- Fractora: Fractora would be another fractionated RF technique. Clinicians can exfoliate and revitalize the epidermis with this procedure, addressing irregular skin texture and scarring.
- Forma: Forma uses SMART RF technology to supply RF energy. This technique helps to regularly monitor the skin’s warmth to guarantee that it is preheated to 41 to 43 degrees Celsius. This level is good for rebuilding both elastin and collagen and repairing facial firmness.
- Exilis: Exilis is a radiofrequency procedure that is monopolar. This process utilizes RF signals as well as ultrasonic technologies.
Who is the Right Match for RF Micro-needling?
Although skin tightening with micro-needling is considered safe, it is not appropriate for everyone due to the use of high-intensity RF. You might be a good fit for RF microneedling if you:
- Are in good physical shape
- Are exhibiting signs of fast aging
- Have realistic expectations
You should also avoid this procedure if you have any of the following:
- Currently or recently utilized Accutane
- Have a persistent cold sore breakout
- Suffer from a skin disease
- Have a minor to severe skin problem (like psoriasis)
- Are you having chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Are you expecting a child
- Are taking anticoagulants
- Had previous experience with cysts, hypertrophic fibrosis, or poor wound healing
Does RF Microneedling Hurt?
Doctors say that anesthetic lotions can alleviate any discomfort you may feel throughout the process. RF microneedling is a minimally invasive technique that uses local anesthetics as needed. It is usually bearable at moderate quantities with numbing cream, though depending on your tolerance, it may be moderately uncomfortable.
What Happens During an RF Micro-needling Procedure?
The procedure applies precisely to the underlying cutaneous layers to cure blemishes and relax tissue, resulting in a softer, more natural appearance with improved texture and elasticity. The quantity of RF energy and the needle contact pressure can both be adjusted.
Based on the regions being addressed, the treatment takes between 30 and 40 minutes. For optimal outcomes, plan on three to four rounds spaced anywhere from three to eight weeks apart, enabling your epidermis to recuperate throughout sessions.
You should start seeing benefits in the course of three to six months, which should persist for around a year. A touch-up procedure at least every twelve months is suggested to preserve the intended results.
Next up, you will read about the before, after, and during the procedure of RF micro-needling, which will give you a head start on what to expect from the treatment.
Preparation before the treatment
Your clinician will ask about your health history and goals during your initial session. They will also photograph your body and face to determine the best method for your case and provide recommendations on how to begin arranging for the surgery. For severe eczema, for example, antibiotic therapy may be suggested. If you have a history of cold sores, you may need to take antiviral medication.
Throughout the treatment:
The procedure will take place at the facility of your medical practitioner. Expect the following in general:
- A doctor will disinfect the treatment area using alcohol.
- An hour before the procedure, they administer a local, temporary sedative to the surgical site. In extremely rare circumstances, a sedating injection may be used as a replacement. The sedative will numb the area, so you will not feel anything.
- The instrument punctures the epidermis with microscopic needles. RF radiation is then emitted from the needle’s tip and into the lesions at that precise instant.
- Typically, the operation takes about 20 minutes. The duration of treatment is determined by the condition being treated.
- A medical professional may use a proliferative solution to induce cell division.
- Next, the doctor will use a relaxing therapy to relieve muscle tension and soreness.
After the completion of the treatment:
In an RF micro-needling procedure, recovery and downtime are minimal. Most people can return to their normal lives immediately after therapy. Nonetheless, minor pain and discomfort at the injection site are usually for a few hours till the next day. Because the epidermis is mending and hence more prone to burning, it is best to use a generous amount of sunblock moisturizer right after the treatment.
When Should You Expect to See Results?
Results from RF microneedling therapy are normally visible within a few days, but more improvements appear as your body generates collagen. The constricting impact and ultimate effects will become apparent over the course of six months, which is the time required for the skin to completely regenerate itself.
RF microneedling tools are not all the same. Several professionals, however, prefer the Morpheus8 devices due to their proven treatment outcomes. These devices employ the first RF technology to leverage the process of unique tissue coagulation surrounding each micro-needle electrode, employing brief pulses of alternating bipolar signal energy.
This mechanism and energy are missing from devices such as the Vivace, Infini, Fractora, and others.
How Should You Take Care of Your Skin Following RF Microneedling?
Following your procedure, your specialist will teach you how to properly care for your skin. This advice usually suggests the client:
- Use ice packs to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Wear sunscreen for many weeks after your surgery. During this time, your skin will be particularly vulnerable to UV rays.
- Use antimicrobial lotions or moisturizers as directed by your doctor.
- Use a gentle cleanser after your session.
- Wear no cosmetics until the next day. After 24 hours, you can resume your usual cosmetic and skincare routine.
Who Benefits from RF Microneedling?
All ages, sexes, skin textures, and undertones are suitable for the RF micro-needle procedure, which can be applied to practically any part of your body with stretch marks, discoloration, or acne damage. The ideal patient is young, in generally good condition, and exhibiting early aging symptoms.
Although the operation is usually seen to be quite safe, some people may not want to have it. The treatment is not recommended for use by those who have persistent cold sores, inflammations, or mild to severe skin diseases. Also, individuals who have a tendency to hypertrophic scars, massive fibrosis, or poor injury recovery ought to abstain, as should those who are expecting, using anticoagulants, suffering from cancer, or receiving chemotherapy and radiation.
What Medical Problems Can RF Microneedling Treat?
RF microneedling is most commonly used to treat difficulties that were previously reserved for more invasive aesthetic operations. Most facial regions, as well as most body areas, can be treated to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and acne scarring, such as:
- Sunburned areas of the body
- Extreme sunburn markings or dark patches caused by prolonged sun exposure
- Facial wrinkles
- Dark circles, frown lines, folds, and skin laxity around the brow.
- Neck skin constriction
- Stiffens and increases neck flexibility.
- Leaky eyelids, creepy under-eye tissue, age spots, wrinkles, and crow’s feet
- Constricting arm skin
- The famed bat wings are movable
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven skin tone can be caused by sun exposure or acne problems.
- Acne spots
- Red spots on the cheeks and other parts of the face are caused by acne and other disorders
- Perspiration in the armpits
- Stretch marks
- Curable in the majority of body locations
What is the Cost of RF Microneedling?
The cost of radiation treatments varies by individual and is determined by the location as well as the dimensions of the surface area targeted. For a more accurate pricing estimate, reach out to our financing team. We’ll help make RF microneedling reachable for you.
Side Effects of Radio Frequency Microneedling
In general, RF microneedling is well tolerated. But, as with any surgical procedure, it may have side effects that linger for several hours or days. The following are some of the possible side effects:
- Rashes on the skin
- Swelling up
- Mild acne outbreak
- An eruption of cold sores
Because RF microneedling is noninvasive, the dangers and pain are minimal. Furthermore, the irritation associated with RF Microneedling is almost non-existent. Little skin irritation and redness are among the most common side effects reported by most people. However, typical skin irritation lasts 2-24 hours following surgery.
Furthermore, some situations demand medical intervention. See your doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Needles trigger an allergic reaction
- Symptoms of sepsis
- Persistent puffiness or burning
- Prolonged bleeding
- Acne or other skin breakouts
Interested in What RF Microneedling Can Do For You? Come To Sculpt Spa
The leading provider of RF microneedling in Las Vegas, Sculpt Spa is pleased to offer the Morpheus8 system. It’s just one of many ways you can build a new you. Offered in a judgment-free, serene spa setting, there’s simply no better place to tone up and achieve the look you want than at Sculpt Spa.
Contact us today to learn more about Morpheus8 and our other services!